My Maintenance are committed to providing quality services and support to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. Protecting your privacy is very important to us and we take data privacy and its management very seriously.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, hold, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
We collect and manage Personal Information in an open and transparent way and have procedures and systems to ensure compliance with the APPs and to deal with related inquiries and complaints.
In this Policy, we use the terms, “we”, “us”, “our”, “My Maintenance” to refer to My Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd, and associated entities.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: your name, postal and street address, email address, telephone number, gender, age, profession/role, place of work, and various personal preferences. We also may collect your payment information, such as your credit card or direct debit information, bank account details and ABN, when you purchase a product or service from us.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, interaction with our client support and sales teams, by telephone, by email, via our websites, from our systems, community forums, social media, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies, applying for a job with us and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
How we collect and use your Personal Information
We collect and process different types of Personal Information depending on how you interact with us. In some cases, this may include information that shows who you are and/or is linked to you as a result of your interactions with us. In some circumstances, we may also collect sensitive Personal Information about you.
We collect and use your Personal Information to:
- verify your identity;
- provide you with the products and services you’ve asked for;
- help us operate, protect, improve and develop our products and services and customise your experience;
- assist your authorised professional advisers, consultants and authorised suppliers;
- provide technical support to you and your authorised contacts;
- keep you informed about our products and services and those of our relevant business and joint initiative partners, and tailor this information to your needs and interests;
- enable secure access to our websites and systems;
- participate in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in us or our assets;
- respond to any feedback, queries or complaints;
- host meetings and for attendance at conferences and trade shows;
- meet occupational health and safety and risk management requirements;
- meet financial management and auditing requirements;
- fulfil any legal and regulatory obligations;
- record recruitment related information or process a job application that you’ve submitted;
- to train our staff.
- We use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to analyse trends, administer our websites and systems, track your navigation among web pages and gather broad information;
- We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and systems (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties;
What is Sensitive Information?
Sensitive Information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive Information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Most of the information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners. We use this information to supplement the personal data we may already hold about you, to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to perform a contract with you;
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights;
- in accordance with a legal obligation;
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites and systems may not be available to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in several circumstances including the following:
- We may provide your Personal Information to our related companies and to third party service providers that we outsource functions to or partner with, in certain limited situations where it’s necessary for us to do so to provide our products and services or perform associated business activities;
- These third parties assist us by performing functions such as client contact, archiving, auditing, professional advisory, banking, data processing, marketing and advertising, data analysis, business intelligence, website and technology services. They may also provide products and services that integrate with or complement our solutions;
- Each of the third parties that we contract with is carefully selected and is only authorised to use your Personal Information in a secure way that’s necessary for them to perform their service to us;
- We’ll also disclose your Personal Information if we are required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act to do so.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- We typically hold the Personal Information that we collect either on electronic databases or as hard copy documents.
- The security of your Personal Information is fundamental to the way that we do business. We take all reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure, in line with industry standards;
- We do this by employing a range of security measures to protect the Personal Information that we hold. For example, our web pages that request Sensitive Information may employ encryption technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL);
- Whilst we take all reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information when it’s in our hands, it’s important to note that we’re unable to guarantee the security of the internet. In addition, if you use email to send and receive your Personal Information, please be aware that the information may be less secure in transit;
- When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client and enquiry files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
My Maintenance will not charge any fee for your access request (provided your request is reasonable).
To protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time.
Last Modified: 15th December 2020
Telephone 03 7036 8000